The bible says we should pray without ceasing, but since God already knows what we need, why should we need to pray? Since, even when we pray according to His word, we still have to wait on God’s timing, why should we pray? So why do it?
- Because God said so. It’s in obedient response to Him
- Prayer moves the heart of God
- It draws us closer to God
- It makes our faith stronger
- It develops sound character
- It reflects our committment to God
While writing this doesn’t give me new information, it helps to refocus my thoughts on the things that are lovely and of good report.